There are tons and tons of cemeteries in Charlotte, NC. How are you supposed to know which one to use, either for your future passing or for the recent loss of a loved one?
This choice may seem especially difficult because most cemeteries and funeral homes seem to be very similar in services and costs at first glance. However, choosing a cemetery or funeral home is very personal, as you need to make sure the one you choose matched with your preferences and needs.
When looking for a cemetery, you need to take the following into consideration:
- Location – Sometimes this doesn’t mean closest to your home, as oftentimes funerals take place in different towns where the deceased wants to be buried, or where other family members live.
- Services Offered – Make sure your cemetery or funeral home offers the services you want. Such services include burial options like cremation, traditional burial, or green burial. They also include different technology like online obituaries, digital guest books or live streaming.
- Service Prices – You’d be surprised how much cemetery and funeral home prices vary. Be sure to shop around and get quotes from different cemeteries to make sure you’re getting the best prices for services.
- Product Prices – Caskets, urns and other funeral accessories and products can get pricey. Compare cemetery and funeral home product prices as well.
- Veteran Services – If you or your loved one served, that should be recognized in a special way. Check that cemeteries funeral homes offer veteran services if applicable.
- Cultural and Religious Needs – Make sure the cemetery you choose is able to provide you with your cultural and/or religious funeral needs.
- Reviews – Research other customer’s experiences with cemeteries to gauge efficacy, pricing, compassion and more.
It’s never fun to think about and plan for death, but it’s better to start looking for a cemetery now before you need one. This way, you won’t be scrambling to find one if you lose a loved one, or your family won’t be stressed out looking for one for your funeral after you pass. You don’t want to be stuck with the easiest or most accessible cemetery when the time comes because you don’t have the time or money to find a better one.
Start gathering information on cemeteries in your area to get a head start on choosing one. When researching, use tools like price comparisons. Every funeral home is required, by law, to have and make accessible a general list of prices for their offered products and services. You should also note service fees, as what is and what is not included in services fees varies greatly from cemetery to cemetery. Finally, don’t forget to add funeral insurance to your current life insurance policy.
If you want to learn more about Charlotte, NC cemeteries just get in touch with Gethsemane Cemetery and Memorial Garden. We are more than happy to help you with preplanning or in your time of loss. Call or visit us today.