There are tons of ways you can choose personalization at funeral homes and cemeteries in Matthews, NC. From making the event a celebration of life to using modern technology, personalized funerals and graveside services are the way of the future. They are popular because they allow the bereaved to both grieve their loss and celebrate the unique life of their lost loved one.
Here are a few interesting facts about personalized funerals in funeral homes and beyond to give you more information:
- Unique Coffins and Headstones – People want their lost loved ones’ coffins, headstones and other cemetery products to be just as unique as the deceased was. That’s why unique versions of these products, from green coffins made out of biodegradable materials to hand-etched headstones, are becoming very popular.
- Most families don’t want a traditional funeral – According to a recent study, 71% of families do not want a traditional funeral as they see them as gloomy or dark. Most families want something unique that reflects the special qualities of their lost loved one.
- Funerals are a celebration of life – Funerals are no longer sad and gloomy events. People want to celebrate their lost loved ones in special ways, remembering them for their unique qualities and happy memories.
- Religion is on its way out – According to the National Funeral Directors Association, the percentage of people that think religion is an important part of a funeral has gone down by more than 10%. More people are placing personalization over religion.
- People want a party – In another recent study, 500 participants were asked to name something they really want at a funeral. The top 5 answers were music, family, people, beer and flowers. When put all together, these 5 things equal a celebration.
- Digital obituaries – Since most obituaries are now placed on memorial websites rather than printed in traditional newspapers, they are becoming more and more important, thorough, and personalized.
- Memorial videos – Memorial videos put modern technology to good use. They allow families to make personalized tributes for the deceased for people to enjoy at the funeral and beyond.
- Webcasting – The internet is also allowing families to be a part of funeral services and graveside committal services even if they can’t be there in person. Funeral webcasting is becoming very popular all across the US and is only getting cheaper which makes it more accessible for everyone. All you need is a camera and an internet connection or cell phone service.
Gethsemane Cemetery and Memorial Garden is here to help if you have more questions about personalized funerals or Matthews, NC cemeteries. We offer a range of services designed to help you put your lost loved one to rest in a respectful and beautiful way. Please feel free to stop by and visit us or give us a call to learn more about the different ways to personalize a funeral, or for more information about what we can do for you in your time of loss.