If you are considering keeping your lost loved one’s cremated remains in a cremation urn after a cremation and visit to a cemetery in Matthews, NC, you have to choose what kind of urn you want to use. There are plenty of classic urns to choose from and there are also more unique options that can help your loved one be remembered in a special way. These are inspiring and creative ideas to get you started:
- Plant Pot – You can easily add ashes to an existing planter to act as fertilizer for any kind of plant, be it a young tree, bush or flower. Mix the ashes in with the soil and as the plant grows it will draw nutrients from the ashes to grow big and beautiful.
- Wind Chimes – Think of your lost loved one every time the wind blows. Order a custom wind chime urn online and hang it on a porch, in a yard, or in a window. You can even choose what kind of chime you want, like an alto or soprano.
- Memorial Jewelry – It can be very comforting after a losing a loved one to keep the ashes close. Memorial jewelry allows you to do just that. Create any kind of jewelry piece from a pendant to a ring with the ashes. The pieces can be made from stainless steel, platinum, bronze, or many other kinds of metals.
- Hollowed Books – Hollowed out books aren’t just for hiding secrets or stolen money like in the movies. You can order a custom-made false book or hollow out the deceased’s favorite yourself using a knife and a bit of elbow-grease. Place the ashes inside in a bag and seal the book with glue.
- Holiday Ornaments – A holiday ornament urn is basically just a mini urn that can hang on a Christmas tree. The ornament is too small to hold all the cremated remains, so it’s a good opportunity to make several ornaments for all the family to have.
- Stuffed Animals – Stuffed animal urns are most commonly made for children that have passed away. The stuffed animal is cut in a small opening, the bagged ashes are placed inside, and the animal is resewn.
- Tackle Box – If the deceased loved fishing, commemorate him or her in a sealed tackle box. Be sure to keep it in a safe place, but don’t forget to bring it out on the water with you the next time you go.
- Beer Growler – Perfect for deceased beer lovers, beer growler urns can be custom ordered from most craft breweries. In some instances, you can order a growler with the label listing the deceased’s name.
- Musical Instruments – You can choose almost any kind of instrument, carve out a hollow, and seal some of the cremated remains inside. Brass instruments, guitars and basses are best suited.
These are just a few of your many choices after your visit to Matthews, NC cemetery. If you want to know more ideas or information, please reach out to Gethsemane Cemetery and Memorial Garden. Give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you in your time of loss. You can also learn more about What Do You Do After Cremation by visiting one of our posts.